[bksvol-discuss] Re: Harry Potter spoilers

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:34:26 -0600

Note:  Harry Potter movie spoilers!!

Hi Carrie,

I know exactly what you mean.  That was a great scene in Dumbledore's
office, and the movie just ignored it altogether.

Then again, the movie posed many frustrations for me  making Cho the snitch,
leaving the mirror out, omitting the fact that at the end of book 5, you had
the distinct feeling that if Harry had trusted the adults around him, Sirius
would still be alive, all of that and so much more was just left out.

On the positive side, I think the actress who played Luna did a great job,
and I liked Bellatrix, too.  My daughter said that after Harry tried to
Crucio her, Bellatrix looked like she was pouting.

Mixed emotions about the movie, but it had fun parts.  I did walk away
feeling it was no longer a kids' story, but that was fine, since the intent
was for the kids to grow up with Harry, maturing as he did.

  _____