[bksvol-discuss] Happy Disabilities International Day!

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <BlindAudibleListeners@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <BLMT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rudy Cervantes" <htrumpet@xxxxxxx>, <bebop4ever@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:57:45 -0800

Happy International Day of Persons with Disabilities
This year's theme for International Day of Persons with Disabilities is "Making
the MDGs Inclusive: Empowerment of persons with disabilities and their
communities around the world."

Information is powerful, and few things are as empowering as the the ability to
access the information you need in the format you need, so Happy International
Day of Persons with Disabilities, everyone!

For more information on the background and observance of the International Day
of Persons with Disabilities, visit the UN website.
----------------
Of all the friends I've had growing up, the trumpet has been a motivating, yet
challenging friend. I can express myself through the trumpet to anyone who
loves music, because this instrument has a range of moods.  These great
personalities shape the classic trumpet: "brash, impetuous, cocky, and cool,
and in-command."
"You have to remember the trumpet is a mean instrument. Sometimes I feel like
throwing it out the window, it's such a beast. There are times when it treats
you so sweet and nice that everything comes out just perfect. Then you come
back to it the next night, rub your hands together and say to yourself you're
going to do it all over again. You pick up the horn put it to your chops and
the son of a bitch says: SCREW YOU!!!!!"
-Roy Eldridge-
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx