[bksvol-discuss] Re: Great news optional hyphens

  • From: "tom hawkins" <tjhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 01:31:08 -0700

Cindy, I hope I can explain this so it makes ssence. Words at the end of a line, as you know can end up hyphenated. , Office Word calls these hyphens, "optional" since if the page width is changed, they become un-necessary. But since it's a scanned image comming in Word doesn't know any better and of course leaves them in. but refers to them as optional. They MUST !go to allow the speller and the text reader to read properly. At least that been my experience to date. Not removing them has caused several of my books to be rejected. Turning them off in the tools menu does not elininate them. Tom tjhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx