[bksvol-discuss] Re: Good news and bad news

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:13:36 -0700 (PDT)

No, I was talking about the government copyright
site--http://www.copyright.gov/records/cohm.html

loc.gov is the Library of Congress catalog. I checked
the same book there and it does give a lot of good
information but not specifically the copyright holder.
In fact, it's a bit misleading; it says, in the case
of The Edge of the Cloud, "published/created by" and
the publisher. "Created by" was used by the copyright
office; now that does say Date of creation, and
separately, "copyright claimant"--which is a clearer
statement than what they used to have. In the case of
the Flambards Trilogy, it's a little confusing, since
it points out that the separate books have different
publication dates.

Cindy

--- "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>