[bksvol-discuss] Good news about synopses!

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:43:19 -0700

   Hi everyone,

I have what I hope you will all see as good news.  I am going to start work
on creating synopses for all the publisher quality books that have been
submitted to Bookshare. I've talked with the Bookshare staff, and we've decided that I'd take on that task. I'm happy to do it because as someone
who is also a Bookshare member, I prefer when books have some sort of
description.  So I can understand why everyone has been wanting this so
much.  I will be writing these synopses by hand, and I won't have read most
of the books I'm summarizing, but I will do research on each title in order
to write at least a little description for each book.

You all may help with this if you like.  If there is a book in the
collection that you
notice does not have a synopsis, and you'd like to write one, you can E-mail
it to me and I will put it into the collection.  I'm happy to write them all
myself, but we will get synopses up more quickly if some of you share your
suggestions.  Just E-mail me at allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Please include the
book author and title along with your synopsis in your message.  You can
write just a short synopsis, or both a short and long.  Either will be
helpful.  I'm trying to do both short and long on the ones I'm uploading,
but that may not happen with all of them.

Please be patient with this process.  I ask this because I am going to a
conference for Bookshare later this week, Thursday through Sunday, and I
won't be able to work on this project during that time.  But I'll put up as
many synopses as I can both before and after I go.  You can still E-mail
synopses to me during that time if you like. I wrote and uploaded three summaries today, not much of a start, but they are three more than
we had yesterday.

Note: to cut down on list traffic, please do not post synopses to the list.
You can E-mail them directly to me at allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx, or from the
address I'm writing from now which is bookshare_girl@xxxxxxxx

I'm excited to be getting these synopses up on the site in order to help us continue to provide the best Bookshare books possible!

Best,

Allison Hilliker:
Intern, Benetech (Bookshare.org).
E-mail allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx