[bksvol-discuss] Re: big help with word on or off list

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:54:38 -0500

Hi Lissi, Mica, Allison and to whomever else this might apply,
I've been feeling baffled all day by your superscript issue since I'm on
JAWS 9 and Word 2003 and although I've had it happen occasionally it isn't
happening any more often with JAWS 9.  One possible answer is the
"AutoCorrect Options" within Word.  Please try the following and see if it
makes any difference:
1) Type alt+t for the "Tools" menu.
2) Arrow down to the "AutoCorrect Options" and press <ENTER>.
3) The tabs you will be concerned with are "AutoCorrect" and "AutoFormat As
You Type".  Press tab until you get to the list of tabs such as
"AutoCorrect".  These tabs are a duel layer so you may have to use the Up
and Down Arrow to get to the appropriate tabs.
4) Under the "AutoFormat As You Type" tab press tab and you will be placed
in a list box where you can check and uncheck items.  For example, one of
the options is "Ordinals (1st) With Superscript".  This option is checked by
default so even if you had heard JAWS announce "Superscript" and you deleted
the word, 1st, and retyped it the "AutoFormat As You Type" would put the
Superscript back in.
5) After unchecking and/or checking appropriate options, press <space> on
the "Okay" button to leave the dialog box.

I hope this is the answer and it helps.  I don't like feeling baffled all
day <smile>.

Take care!
Cindy 4
A smile is the same in any language.