[bksvol-discuss] Re: Getting a list of books I've submitted

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 19:20:37 -0700

At 02:50 PM 5/25/2004 -0500, you wrote:

Is there a way to see a list of the books I have submitted or a
list of those I've validated?

Hi. I cannot help you with the later, but there is a fairly easy way to see what you have submitted if you know your user ID. This is not your login name, but a number assigned by bookshare. For an example, look at the pages for some books. You will see that they are submitted by someone and their name is a link. If you follow the link with their name and look ad your address bar, you will see a user number. The only way I know of to find your user number is to do a title search fvor a book which you know has been validated and was submitted by you. You can then bookmark that page or whatever. A good example of what I mean is the O'reilly books. If you look at the address bar after clicking on a technical book from O'reilly Associates, you see a user number of I think 3545. I am sorry I don't remember the exact web page format for this, and sorry if this is a little confusing. Basically, you have to know how to manipulate your address bar and look for a title which you know you submitted and has already been validated.