[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fw: [MailServer Notification]Content Filtering Notification

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:01:26 -0700

Guys, I would really really really like to get to the bottom of this.
I had another list where some1 was getting these types of messages
also. I suspected malware (& still do) but couldn't find any.

This is not (I repeat, not) from the freelists server.

Noting that I still do suspect badware of some kind, I would request
any1 receiving these types of messages to contact me *off list* w/the
message headers. This is *really* important. If u don't know how to do
this, let me know.

I also suggest that every1 (except Cindy) go to
www.trendmicro.com
& download a program called hijackthis. Scan your computer, save a log
file, & send it me, again, *off list*.

Cindy, I apologize--I don't know of anything that does something
similar for the mac. If u can find something, though, the invite is
open for u as well.

I also suggest going to
www.malwarebytes.org
downloading & runnin that. It may take some screenreader cursoring for
those of u not sighted. Cindy, again, I'm not sure if MWB has a mac
version--sorry.

On 9/10/09, siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chela,
> I bet this is just a fluke of the freelists server.  It doesn't make sense
> that an administrator would respond in this manner.  It is probably one of
> those auto messages and got sent my mistake.
>
> Sue S.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Check out my homepage at: