[bksvol-discuss] Re: Frustration over missed opportunities for perfection

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:23:36 -0700

Yeah, amen brother and sisters, even though I'm having hard time
scanning Kind of Blue: The Making of the Miles Davis Masterpiece by
Ashley Kahn, which probably contains captions with those photos, it is
very tough, but I'm doin' my best, and that is all that God would want
for us, alright, so let's go about our almost end of the week, and not
worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has its own to worry about. Life
goes on! A merry heart doeth good Like medicine, Chela, AKA Chris
Botti Trumpeter

On 5/29/08, Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All I can say is "amen" Jackie. Well said.
>
> I usually agree with E concerning the dreaded stripper and in no way forgive
> it's programatic quirks. But this cathartic discussion let's me know that
> there are a lot of folks out there doing a fine job. We all have different
> tools to work with, some have k1000, some have open book, some use braille
> displays while others use speech, and some use their eyes while others use
> hearing or touch. But, as a group, frankly, we do pretty damned good putting
> out pretty fine products in our various ways.
>
> So, once again I say "amen Jackie".
>
> Oh and by the way, if I understand things correctly, smart quotes aren't
> generated by the daisy translator, they are generated by microsoft, for the
> most part. Maria has told us how to check for their presence and change them
> into normal quotes (thanks Maria for some very lucid messages).
>
> Therefore, it's just one more thing to look out for and deal with. It's not
> something to repeatedly kick ourselves for, or blame ourselves for, it's
> just another drudgery in the drudged-out world for scannors and validators.
>
> Just my way of saying "amen Jackie". Wish I'd said that.
>
> Bob

>>> long. My ability to read even enlarged material is limited by the strain
>>> of