[bksvol-discuss] Re: French accent mark

  • From: Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:23:58 -0400

That is probably an e acute.  You write the accent, in MS Word, by typing
control-apostrophe, then e.  I am pasting in a little file I have of how to
create various accents in Word, which I believe I got from Kelly.
Some, like the U umlaut or thorn, I've just had to copy and paste in.
Tracy

You first press a key combination, then release it, then
type the letter you want to accent.
For acute accents you type
control-apostrophe, release it, then type the letter.
For circumflex accents it's ctrl-shift-6 (that one's really weird; I wonder
why they did it that
way.)
Grave accent is ctrl-grave plus the letter.
The C with cedilla is ctrl-comma then C.

Umlaut, ctrl-shift-6 (unless caret is somewhere else on your keyboard.)
control-shift-tilde also does it.  Do that first, then type the letter
you want umlauted.

ü U umlaut.