[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting question re ellipsis.

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:04:06 EST

It is something which I have not considered before, but it seems a
reasonable assumption that an elipsis would occur before a period. After all,
an
elipsis implies an unfinished sentence, or at least an unfinished thought, and
a period is a signal that the sentence has stopped.

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion
in it." [ in a letter to Thomas Jefferson] John Adams

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Formatting question re ellipsis.
Date:
12/5/2009 3:03:45 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi Everyone!

I know we've had several discussions on this subject and don't wish to open
a Pandora's box again.... However, I'm wondering if there should still be
no
spaces when you have a sentence with a period, plus and ellipsis?  I am
proofreading two books that have four periods, (an ellipsis followed by a
period).
Should there be a space after the period? What's confusing is whether the
ellipsis actually occurs before the period or whether it occurs after it.
Hope
that makes sense.

I'm asking because I want to be consistent; and be sure that I and the
Braille translator handle the situation correctly. *smile*

Thank you.

Blessings.

Lynnsky