[bksvol-discuss] Re: Flurry of truncated books -- Prophet of Doom byJames Mullaney

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:07:33 -0500

Mary,  I do not think K1K has a bug here.  K1K counts 32 pages,  which is
2 pages more than what has been detected by the Bookshare system,  which
has assigned a page count of only 30.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/13/2004 12:19 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

"bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Flurry of truncated books -- Prophet of Doom by James
Mullaney

Guido,
With respect to the book that has very few page breaks, it would be
interesting if you could load that into some other program than K1k and
see if you can determine how many pages it contains. If its the right
number,
you might have found another K1k bug.
Mary