[bksvol-discuss] Re: Finding the special characters code number

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:51:40 -0400

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but in JAWS, once the cursor is
focused on the character in question, press NumPad5 if using Desktop Layout
or CapsLock+Comma if using Laptop Layout three times quickly. By default,
this announces the ASCII value of the character. If you want to hear the hex
value instead, in the Configuration Manager, check the Speak Character Value
in Hex box under Text Processing.

HTH,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic