[bksvol-discuss] Re: Files opening in some programs but not in others

  • From: Megmil85@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:40:15 EDT

I did receive that message. It actually wasn't ever an ARK file since it
was already an RTF when I downloaded it for proofreading but I did get the
message you mentioned when I saved it with page numbers. The message I got
when  I tried to open it in Word was something to the effect of Word was
unable to  open this document. It may be corrupt. Then it went on to some
suggestion about  opening it with some text recovery tool or to open and repair
the
file but I  don't know how. There's only the okay button.

In a message dated 6/2/2009 11:30:33 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Meg,

When you saved the openbook .ark file as an .rtf file did you hear the
message that yu have chosen to save in .rtf?  Sometimes when I go to save  an
.ark file in .rtf, the file name in the name file does not have the ..rtf
extension and I have to add it.

What did the error message in Word say?

Cat Lover Lori