[bksvol-discuss] Files opening in some programs but not in others

  • From: Megmil85@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:31:47 EDT

I have a question. I opened the book in OpenBook  7.0 and typed page
numbers at the top of each page starting with the actual text  of the book. I
saved it as an RTF file on my computer in two locations and on a  flash disk.
When I opened it on my BrailleNote, it looked fine and when I went  back and
opened it in OpenBook, it was fine, but when I tried to open it in  Microsoft
Word, I got an error message. When I tried to open it in Word Pad, it
appeared empty. Thankfully, I've got the book saved several places from before
 put in page numbers but I'm wondering why it opens on my BrailleNote and
OpenBook but not Microsoft Word or Word Pad? Will it upload to Bookshare
this  way or not? If this did something weird to the file, should I add page
numbers  in usind Microsoft Word instead of using OpenBook? Thanks!
Megan

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585042x1201462767/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)