[bksvol-discuss] FW: Red Wheel Weiser Has Signed Our Agreement

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:07:29 -0800

From: Robin Seaman
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:57 PM
To: Bookshare Team
Subject: Red Wheel Weiser Has Signed Our Agreement

Red Wheel/Weiser, based in Newburyport, Massachusetts and San Francisco,
California, has signed our agreement, giving us world rights to their titles in
the areas of spirituality, metaphysics, and self-help.  They publish sixty
books a year and have an extensive backlist that they are in the process of
converting to EPUB.  They do distribution in house.

Their imprints include Conari Press, the publisher of Random Acts of
Kindness<http://redwheelweiser.com/detail.html?id=9781573248532>, which has
sold millions of copies  (inspired by words scrawled on a restaurant placemat,
which launched the movement that promoted people being kind to one another) and
Hampton Roads, the publisher of Mark Nepo's The Book of Awakening, which became
a #1 New York Times bestseller last year after being championed passionately by
Oprah Winfrey.  Hampton Roads is well known for its Conversations with God
series by Neale Donald Walsch and titles by Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, Richard
Bach, Amit Goswami, Fred Alan Wolf, and Linda Goodman.

http://redwheelweiser.com/

Robin
Robin Seaman | Director of Content Acquisition | Bookshare, A Benetech
Initiative
480 S. California Avenue, Suite 201, Palo Alto, CA 94306 | (650) 644-3412
www.bookshare.org<http://www.bookshare.org> |
www.benetech.org<http://www.benetech.org/>