[bksvol-discuss] FW: Announcement: Nicole Gnutzman

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bks_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bks_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:26:10 -0800

Bookshare Volunteers,

I share the mixed feelings mentioned by Benetech's Betsy Beaumon about the
career decision of my supervisor Nicole Gnutzman to pursue some wonderful
opportunities that have opened up for her. She has been a privilege to work
with and my best wishes go with her!

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow

To: Benetech Employees
Subject: Announcement: Nicole Gnutzman

It is with mixed emotions that I announce that Nicole Gnutzman has decided to
leave Benetech.  Nicole has contributed greatly to Benetech and the Literacy
Program and has provided strong leadership to the Operations team.  We’ll miss
her tremendously.  So why mixed emotions?  It’s always gratifying to see
someone pursue their next set of dreams.

Nicole is leaving Benetech to pursue two passions: chocolate and sailing. She
recently completed her certificate as a chocolatier and has plans to take the
master's level course in France this spring and will be researching cacao
plantations and "bean to bar" production in Costa Rica later this month (with
an eye toward fair trade and sustainability, of course).  Plans for her second
passion—sailing—may take her on a long open sea journey to the South Pacific
where she's contemplating writing a book about her adventures.

Nicole will return after her trip to Costa Rica and work remotely through
February 18th.
Please join me in wishing Nicole best wishes on her new endeavors.  (But please
know that I have already staked out my placed in the chocolate tasting line.)

Betsy