[bksvol-discuss] Domo Arregato Mister Robotto?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:42:26 EST

I really can't see what the big deal is about getting a computer generated
thank you. I cannot possibly count the times I have done favors for people in
person without getting a thank you and without giving it a thought. I am
certainly not going to get upset over an unthinking computer neglecting to
perform
the ritual. As I said, confirmation that I succeeded in what I was trying to do
is reassuring, but there are a lot of ways to do that. Some sites use thank
you and some sites use congratulations. Mission accomplished would do just
fine.
Your action is confirmed would be just fine. Your work has been saved would
be just fine. Even though the first time it was a bit disconcerting, now that I
know that being returned to my checked out list means that I was successful,
that is okay too. It would be better to have an explicit confirmation, but
there is some advantage to being able to skip that and get on with whatever
else
one has to do. Miss Manners said that one of the greatest rudenesses is to
accuse someone else of being rude. I am not sure I agree with that, but I kind
of
wonder what she would say about accusing a bunch of binary digits of being
rude.

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26b
cd=DecemailfooterNO62)