[bksvol-discuss] Dawn of a Thousand Nights

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 02:31:29 -0700 (PDT)

I've finished validating and uploaded to the admin
queue Dawn of a Thousand Nights. It was an excellent
scanning job. The only errors were ones that could
only be caught by reading the book rather than running
the K1000 rank spelling or Word's spell-check, e.g.,
ear for wear, rolled for strolled, et al, and the many
words missing from sentences. Oddly, there were more
of those errors in the middle of the book. The last
third or quarter was perfect. Usually problems arise
toward the end as there are fewer pages. smile

Even though I'd read about Japanese prison camps
before--well, one or two--from this I learned more
about h ow the Japanese treated the captured Allied
servicemen.  Dan is an American pilot, left in the
Phlippines when McArthur had to leave, and was
ultimately captured by the Japanese. Libby, his
fiance,  flew for the WAFs. For those of you too young
to know much about WWII, I recommend this book, which
will shed light on parts of it.