[bksvol-discuss] Re: Christmas Carols

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 16:33:37 -0700

Yeah I read music too, and you do have a point, so yes, do it in words sorry...but if NLS has this then by all means, let the musicians look for it that way.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--

On 9/5/2012 4:02 PM, Dasha Radford wrote:
As a braille music reader myself I can say this without any compunction. There is almost no way that I am aware of to transcribe musical notation into RTF format. It could work as a BRF file or as a GF file but not as an RTF. I don't think it will happen because bring out music notation in electronic format doesn't generally work without the correct software. If somebody finds a way to do it more power to them but I quite honestly would just transcribe the words and let people go and find the actual songs for themselves. It should be simple enough seeing as these are classics.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On the menvi discussion list there are sighted transcribers if you want I can email the list and ask them if they'd be willing to work with you, then I'll forward any responses I get to you if you'd like.
--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail/AIM/GoogleTalk:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
Windows Live Messenger:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
E-Buddy ID/Twitter: cdrobles693
Skype: jazzytrumpet
Learning Ally Blog A Lady And Her Trumpet feel free to post comments by filling
out the form on the page at:http://t.co/4f2u5tf
I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with
us,visit:http://www.bookshare.org/
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space and
500 Megabytes as is this is my referral link to you:http://db.tt/XpUTe0E
--
On 9/5/2012 3:14 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:
Only on Bookshare is working on Christmas Carols in September an admirable task. This is a Golden Book Christmas Caron Book, presented like sheet music. I know nothing about musical notation for the blind, so my thought is just to unit verses, etc.

All the harp and music talk had me waxing nostalgic and I very much want others to share in some classic carols in word. Unless of course, someone is equal to the task of describing the musical notes...

It is only about 35 pages...
Valerie