[bksvol-discuss] Re: Charisma, here is how to read your PDF files.

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:23:37 -0500

Hi Charisma and everyone!

There is a good program called A-PDF, which is a Restrictions Remover that Bruce has used. I think this shareware costs $10.

Here's the blurb.

 A-PDF Restrictions Remover
Remove password and restrictions of PDF files in a few seconds.
Download free »
Order »
Learn more »

The URL is:

http://www.a-pdf.com/

I don't know if you got the error because of a restricted PDF, or what. What happens here often is that the Adobe reader will just tell me that there is one page to read. I also can't create a text file from the PDF. This tool fixes those problems. After it is used, I can read the whole file and make a TXT file from the PDF.

I don't know how to use the program, because Bruce used it. Now I have the program, though I haven't had a problematic PDF, but then, it's only been a few days since I got it.

Debby

At 09:43 PM 6/6/2011, Charisma wrote
Roger,

I tried doing this and it said book error.  Would you be willing to elaborate?

Thanks,

Charisma

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Roger Loran Bailey
<rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to reply to the message in which Charisma said that she could not
> read PDF, but Free Lists interpreted the URL in my reply as a command and
> bounced it back. So here I go again. If you use the latest version of the
> Humanware Companion to transfer a PDF to your SD card for your Stream it
> will automatically convert it to text. It can be placed in your text folder
> and the Stream should read it just fine. For more tips like that you might
> want to subscribe to the Stream users list. If I put the URL to do that in
> this email I suppose it will be bounced again, so if you don't know how to
> subscribe to that list and you want to then email me privately.
>

> _     _      _
>
> "The ruling class makes wars and the working class fights them." - Eugene V.
> Debs
>
> Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/rogerbailey81
>

> The Militant:
> http://www.themilitant.com