[bksvol-discuss] Bookshare Site Quirkiness

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 06:16:15 -0700

Hi,

I went to check out the newest books from Bookshare, and download the ones I
wanted.  Basically, a morning to catch up on all the things I'd meant to
download but hadn't got around to.

I noticed a few things about the new books list.

1.  It doesn't display the download links for Daisy and BRF.  You actually
have to click on each book, and then download from the book's page.  Could
this be changed?

2.  When a book has more than one author, this page behaves strangely.  For
instance, I'm on the second page of results, looking at
<http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=46896> Adult
Students: An Insider's Guide to Getting into College.  I hear the title, and
hit tab.  It tells me the first author's name, Jen Tanabe, and I press tab
again.  Instead of saying the second authors name, Kelly Tanabe, it says By.
Not sure why it does this, but it's definitely odd.

Thanks.