[bksvol-discuss] Books Beign Scanned

  • From: "Mary Anne Lynskey" <yeksnyl1953am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:56:21 -0400

Hi Cindy.  I figured I'd send this to group also in case someone wants to
validate.

My brother has found the book I've been wanting at the library.  It is a
very old book though and I'm a little nervous scanning it.  It just falls
open at any page and there is no resistance in the binding.  But it seems
okay and if I'm careful, it should be okay.  I'm not closing the scanner on
it.

The book is

Two If By Sea
Roger Bax

It was copy right in 1947, shortly after WW2.  It is about several
Englishmen who marry Russian women during the war and have to smuggle them
out by sailboat.

The other book I am scanning is The Secret Cardinal, which Cindy knows
about.  That is about a priest in China who has been secretly appointed
cardinal.  It tells about what happens to him under Chinese government and
the project of getting him out of China.

Anyway, Just letting you all  know.
--
Mary Anne Lynskey