[bksvol-discuss] Book wish

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wishlist" <wishlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 21:46:57 -0500

Show Dog - The Charmed Life and Trying Times of a Near-Perfect Purebred by Josh
Dean. The book follows Jack as he matures over the course of a year, from
still-improving adolescent to seasoned adult show dog. We get to know him and
the people around him--his owner, his handler, his breeder--to experience what
it's like to own a show dog and to train one. And we come to appreciate him for
what he is, a lovable and intelligent house pet--albeit one with a highly
unusual occupation.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by
an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and
philosopher (1803-1882)