[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted, Probability Moon by Nancy Kress

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 09:23:58 -0700

I just submitted Probability Moon by Nancy Kress. It is part of a trilogy--Probability Moon, Probability Sun and Probability Space. Probability Sun is already in bookshare. I'll try to pick up Probability Space from the library today (and yesterday I got permission form the doctor to bicycle, woohoo, only a month since my operation).

   Meanwhile, for any potential proofer, here is the synopsis for
   Probability Moon (and pretty much the whole series):

   Humankind has expanded out into interstellar space using star
   gates-technological remnants left behind by an ancient,
   long-vanished race. But the technology comes with a price. Among the
   stars, humanity encountered the Fallers, a strange alien race bent
   on nothing short of genocide. It's all-out war, and humanity is
   losing. In this fragile situation, a new planet is discovered,
   inhabited by a pre-industrial race who experience "shared
   reality"-they're literally compelled to share the same worldview. A
   team of human scientists is dispatched-but what they don't know is
   that their mission of first contact is actually a covert military
   operation. For one of the planet's moons is really a huge mysterious
   artifact of the same origin as the star gates . . . and it just may
   be the key to winning the war.

Misha