[bksvol-discuss] Book submitted: Murphey's Law and Other Reasons Things Go Wrong

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:53:35 -0400

Hi everyone,

This was a wishlist request from a while back, o.k. so I mean more than just a while. But it is finally done, few, and ready for a good proofing. Enjoy should be a quick read. And be careful of Cole's law: thinly sliced cabbage.

 ISBN:
 0-8431-0428-7

 Title:
 Murphy's Law: And Other Reasons Why Things Go Wrong

 Author(s):
 Arthur Bloch

 Publisher:
 Putnam Berkley

 Copyright Date:
 1977

 Copyrighted By:
 Arthur Bloch

 Brief Synopsis:
If anything can go wrong it will... This wit and wisdom from Murphey, and many other thinkers of disaster and mayhem.

 Long Synopsis:
You can rely on MURPHY'S LAW for miraculous revelations and unassailable realities - all culled from the intricacies of twentieth- century life. The author has included some Laws of Parkinson, some Peter Principles and even a little Cole's Law (slimly sliced cabbage). There are chapters for truth-seekers in every field - from Designmanship and Machinesmanship to Hierarchiology and Humanship. If Fate has you by the throat or a tiger has your tongue, let Murphy's now- classic words say it for you: "If anything can go wrong, it will." Arthur Bloch, like Murphy, has refined his natural wisdom through years of hard work. He has been, a car wash attendant, an egg gatherer, and a bass guitarist, and his words have appeared in The People's Almanac and The Book of Lists. Bloch currently resides in Berkeley, California, and studies cosmology. PRICE/STERN/SLOAN Publishers, Inc., Los Angeles $2.50

 Comments:
If you can come up with a better long synopsis or short one for that matter please do. This was a wishlist book request not sure who requested it. has been read through and should be a fairly easy proof. If you have any questions please contact me at juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx I cannot get the book again at least I don't think I can it was scanned in Boston and I live in Pennsylvania now.

 Adult content:
 No

 Language:
 English US

 Book Quality:
 EXCELLENT

 Categories:
 Entertainment, Nonfiction, Religion and Spirituality

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)