[bksvol-discuss] Re: Volunteers as Recruiters for New Bookshare Members?

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:16:59 -0700

I also post on facebook to my friends walls about Bookshare as well.

On 10/26/10, Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use social media and email groups since we are physically very isolated.
> I try to tweet or FB about Bookshare monthly (more if retweeting or
> forwarding a cool blog article) and answer questions on SpEd and tech lists.
>  In places where I know resources are limited, I offer to sponsor and I am
> always talking to parents about the value and number of kids books we add.
> I want to see every person who qualifies sign up!
>
> Valerie
>

> On Oct 26, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Scott Rains wrote:
>
>> They are wondering:
>>
>>  What do you say to your friend, or anyone else who you think would
>> benefit from Bookshare, when you recommend that they join?
>>  Would you be willing to reach out to a handful of people you know to
>> encourage people to join Bookshare?
>>  Would it help if you could offer them a free trial month as a "holiday
>> gift" from you?

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be
sophisticated, but when you get the two of them together in a way
people can relate to, then I think you're on to something. You want
the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound, the beauty of
the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter
Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx