[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book Editing short cuts

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:21:11 -0500

Shelley, My suggestion would be just to make sure the copyright info is there
and that all the pages are
there, none duplicated or missing, do a spell-check and eliminated the garbage.
and submit. I guess
that's the minimum. Hopefully the validator will want to read it and correct
it. One problem with history
(you didn't say what kid of nonfction) books is that dates usually don't scan
well, but you might find those
with a spell-check. Also, science books can have problems with dates, formulas,
scientific words.

If the validator feels there are too many problems and it should be rejected, I
gather you'll get a notice and
then you can do it yourself when you have time.

*Or* don't worry about the pile; leave the books until you do have time to do
them thoroughly. Perhaps
post a list and see if anyone wants any one of them now, and is willing to
validate it,  and just submit
that/those books.

From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:43:05 -0400
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Book Editing short cuts

O.k. I am getting um, buried under a pile of scanned but not quite ready to
submit books.  I have Kurzweil 8 and I am awaiting my copy of nine, come on
Mr. Post man, smile.  Anyway, what "short cuts" could I use to get these
books which are for the most part great scans ready for bookshare without
reading them thoroughly?  As I do read a lot of my stuff thoroughly and fix
on the fly using the BN, but it is a time consuming process.

Would love some pointers.  They are mostly nonfiction books.  And on average
about three hundred pages.

Thanks.

And do you all add words that you know are spelled right to the spelling
dictionary in Kurzwiel or leave it alone.

Thanks.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council