[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank pages

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 07:05:10 -0700

    Hi, Stacey, I don't know what type of screen reader you have, but I can
tell you what to do if Jaws is your screen reader as it's my main one. When
I got this keyboard and plugged it in, the first thing was hit the Insert
key with the one key on the numbers row (you can tell it's the right key if
there is a key to the left of it and a gap before the escape key. Basically
I hit each key and Jaws told me what was there until I knew what I had. (It
was lucky for me I took this particular approach because my keyboard is made
in Canada and the backslash key is right between my slash key and the shift
key [a quite different location from my keyboard that stopped working].)
Anyhow, fortunately for me the location for the left and right brackets
didn't move. If your keyboard is like mine, you'll find the left bracket to
the right of your P key and the right bracket is next to your left bracket
key. If these keys are put in upper case (using the shift key), then you get
a left or right brace respectively. Hope this helps. Another thing I'll pass
on to you which somebody told me:instead of writing left bracket blank page
period right bracket, why not write instead left bracket this page contains
no text period right bracket. Reason for this is because the page may have
an illustration you may not know about, so to be strictly accurate, the page
will have something on it but no text. Regards, Kim. P.S.: Happy
proofreading. K.

  _____