[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank book

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:17:41 -0700

To check the file size, go to either one of the files - perhaps the rtf would
be best, since that's the one you have to upload - then hit alt-enter to open
up it's properties dialog box.  You may have to use your JAWS cursor to read
the file size; that's what I have to do.  You should check this before doing
the check of the font size.

To check the font size in MS Word, go to anywhere in the document and hit
control-shift-f, which opens the Font dialog box.  In my version, 2003, I get
the font type, say Ariel, then the font style, say regular, then the font size,
say 14.  If you have a different version, the order may vary, but the same
information should be there; just tab through until you hear Font Size.

But check the file size first.  If it is less than five-hundred kilobytes, then
the book is either extremely short, or it is indeed virtually empty.

Let us know what you find out.

HTH