[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT. Daisy question

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:34:39 -0400

Kelly,

Because your friend has been getting is books from RFB&D he will neeed to
purchase a specific plyer that RFB&D sells.  The main reason for this is
that RFB&D books are protected in such a  way as to make them unusable  by
products that do not have the key system installed.  There are a few
solutions out there that can be used with RFB&D such as the bookport, the
Victor Reader Wibe, the Telex Player Etc.  THe I would recommend that the
software players be purchased directly from RFB&D.  If interested in the
hardware players such as the Bookport, the players can be pruchased directly
through the manufacters or other vendors and a key obtained from RFB&D.
Note that there is a charge to obtain the key from RFB&D.  If you can give
us more information, I'm sure we can provide more guidance.

HTH.

Pratik

  _____