[bksvol-discuss] Re: Beanie Books I can try to get

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:43:02 -0400

Hi, Jamie. I haven't bought any books yet because I got sidetracked with my daughter's school project. I would be grateful for any scanning help you're able to provide. The books from your list we don't have copies of are:

Meet The Malones

The Beany Malone cookbook. Illustrated by Robert
Levering.

Come back, wherever you are, a Beany Malone story /
Lenora Weber.

Beany and the beckoning road / by Lenora Mattingly
Weber
The cookbook is one I used to cook from as a teenager and would love to have in the collection. Cookbooks don't always scan well though. NLS has it on really old tapes. If you're able to scan it, I could get a copy and listen to the tape and validate the recipes. The tapes are so old that I can't imagine they'll keep the book when they switch over to digital books. Losing older books is the one downside to changing formats. :( There is a great recipe for a beef stew that tastes like you worked for hours but only takes pouring some things into a pan. I still make it often on Sundays. (smile)

Anyhow, thanks, Jamie, for taking a look to see what your library has.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.