[bksvol-discuss] Re: BSO For Simak

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 15:17:49 -0400

Dear Gary, Misha, Roger and Booksharian Friends,

Evan and I just BSOed Dream Master by Roger Zilazny. It didn't have page numbers, either which we think make a worthwhile addition to the readability and managing of content in a book. There were other mistakes, too. As Susan suggested, we made sure it wasn't a PQ book before starting.

This month, for the first time, being that all members present subscribed to Bookshare, the Science Fiction book club selected , The High Crusade by Poul Anderson, only available from Bookshare! Another sign Bookshare is becoming entrenched in our reading culture.

It's a great group. Nobody dominates, everyone participates and differing views are sought and appreciated. We hope more SF readers will come.

Always with love,

Lissi

-----Original Message----- From: Gary Petraccaro
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2014 3:21 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] BSO For Simak

There's a book I was considering for a BSO.  A very cursory reading of the
1st 10 pages makes it look as if the text deserves the excellent rating.
But the book has no page numbers.  We're talking about the Daisy version of
the book.
Any suggestions?  Btw, the book is Worlds of Clifford Simak.
Thanks.