[bksvol-discuss] Anyone interested in editing a political/history book

  • From: Anastasia Saridakis <anamatia81@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:03:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi All
Any political/history buffs on the list? I scanned a book called The end of
poverty. It's over 400 pages. Clean scan but I honestly don't have the patience
for it. My friend who is not on bookshare asked for it and she needed it for a
class. I'd love to submit it but I am not one to submit raw scans without a
dedicated editor/validator. Anyone interested?
Thanks to anyone who is willing to edit.
Anastasia

Here's a summary
HAILED BY TIMES AS ONE OF THE WORLD'S 100 Most Influential People, Jeffrey
Sachs is world renowned for his work around the globe advising economies in
crisis. He has advised a broad range of world leaders and international
institutions on the challenges of hyperinflation, disease, post-communist
transition, and extreme poverty. Now, at last, he draws on all he has learned
from twenry-flve years of work to offer a uniquely informed vision of the keys
economic success in the world today and the steps that are necessary to achieve
prosperity for all.
Marrying vivid, passionate storytelling with pmfotmd, rigorous analysis,
Jeffrey Sachs first lays out in The End of Poverty a dear conceptual map of the
world economics. He explains why, over the past two hundred years, wealth has
diverged across the planet and why the poorest nations have so far been unable
to improve their lot. He explains how to arrive at an in-depth diagnosis of a
country's economic challenges and the options it faces. He leads readers along
the same learning path he himself followed, telling the stories of his own work
in Bolivia, Poland, Russia, India, China, and Africa as a way to bring readers
with him to a deep understanding of the challenges faced by developing
countries in different parts of the world. Finally, he offers an integrated set
of solutions to the interwoven economic, political, environmental, and social
problems that most challenge the world's poorest societies and, indeed, the
world.