[bksvol-discuss] Re: A strange scanning problem

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:55:30 -0600

Bud,

Make sure you're pressing down on the book to make it flat as possible
without damaging the book, and make sure that the book is straight on the
scanner.  Some books are more forgiving about pressing down and making sure
they are straight, and others are not.  I think it depends on the font and
how much trouble the OCR software has with it.  You could also try another
OCR package since K-1000 supports more than one.  One of the others may be
more forgiving about the placement of the book.

HTH

Gerald