[bksvol-discuss] Re: A few more questions about Kurzweil

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 06:49:00 -0400

Hi, Kerri. As Jill has said, using 2 page mode will put page breaks where they need to be. Using the optimize scan feature will adjust things like the brightness and resolution for you. That's why it's such a handy feature to use before scanning a whole book. Another thing I do to get good scans is located in the general settings area. I make sure that hyphen correction is turned on, and in the box for the confidence threshhold, I move it from Kurzweil's default setting of 95 up to 98.5. Your settings should be saved after you adjust them. The fast way to do this is to press alt t and then the letter v. Making these adjustments to your default settings will make sure they transfer to new settings files when you make them later on. I hope this helps. I haven't had my coffee yet and am not sure I'm actually awake yet. (smile)

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.