[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Validation Quandry

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:04:23 -0700

I'm not sure this will help, but I had a similar experience in that to improve the quality would have taken reading every word and even then to do a really good job, I would have needed the book which was not available from my library. I ended up rejecting the book; however, if someone else had been willing to read it word for word, a good scan could have been achieved. The submitter gave his name but it was no one on the list and there was no E-mail address. If there were some way that a validator could leave comments about a book like this for others to see and decide whether they want to tackle it, I would think that could be a big help. There were no completely garbled pages in this book; on the other hand, there seemed to be hardly any page without some sort of scanning error on it. I as a validator could have operated under the old rules and passed this book along with whatever rating the Bookshare equipment gave it, but since excellent scans can now be achieved, I'm simply no longer willing to do this. ----- Original Message ----- From: "GenePoole" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>