[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Gentle Reminder

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 23:32:01 -0500

Hi Valerie. No, there isn't an official protocol as far as I know. In the
past, I have written privately to the person with a book being held to ask
if they'd mind if I worked on it. Most of the time they say yes because life
or work has gotten so busy that they can't finish. I always ask first since
there might be a good reason that I don't know about. I write to them
privately when I can because I don't want to embarrass them publicly. That
may just be my quirk though. If I don't know their email address, I write my
email to them and ask Pavi to pass it along. That has worked well in the
past too.

I know that with books held for Marilyn, she buys print books, mails them to
someone to scan, and then has them mailed back to her to proofread. So I
leave her books alone, knowing she'll get to them as soon as she can. Lissi
often does the same thing. Then again, if either of those ladies knew a book
was needed for school or work, they'd be likely to put it on the top of
their list.

Monica Willyard

  _____