[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Gentle Reminder

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 00:30:35 -0500

Well, there might be some good reasons for a book to be held for a long time. Marilyn, for example, mails books to people to scan and then they mail them back to her so that she can proofread them from the print copy. That could take a while and three or four months, especially if there are a number of such books, might be too short a time. A year or more, however, seems excessive. Also, there are those books that have been proofread and Carrie has bounced them back to the checkout list for a minor correction with a hold for the person who just proofed it and that person, frequently someone who is not on this list, just never bothers with it again. Those really shouldn't sit there for long periods of time, especially when the correction would be so simple. Read some of the histories of some of the long-time holds and you will see what I mean. There is one in particular that I have been tempted to fix myself, but, alas, I have left it alone because of the hold. "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com