[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Big Frustration

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garypet130@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 03:12:22 -0400

Been there, said that.  Now, at fairly often intervals, I copy the book to
another folder on another drive While it's in progress.

You might look for a UPS (uninterruptable Power Supply) which will last 15
minutes.  I don't know how OpenBook works, but with what I use, you can save
the file while in progress so that whatever you don't have, it's not the whole
file.  I don't follow my procedures religiously myself, but I do it often
enough so that I haven't lost a book in a few years.  I did loose a hard drive
which had 700 books on it which I had bought once when I was about to copy it
to a cd but ...
I still have that one in the hope that I can some day send it to Seagate and
they can do a recovery.  That's more money than I have right now.