[bjtech] Re: Meeting date

  • From: Naoyuki Tai <ntai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bjtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:50:33 -0500

I like Mead Hall's beer and food, but service isn't up to per. It's understaffed for a large place. My other complains there is that, it's really really noisy first floor. You cannot have a conversation. Second level is better, but has to be the far end. 2nd level balcony is still noisy.

Not sure we can secure the 2nd floor with 3 people.
Though the beer selection is really good, for a "meeting" place, I'm not sure Meadhall is a good choice.

How about Cambridge Common near Harvard sq. (despite what I said.)
CC has a parking in the rear. (if lucky.)
It's a little bit better than Meadhall in terms of "meeting" place.
Christopher in Porter sq. is similar.

I've never been to, but The Asgard (from the web's gallery) looks
better. It's in Central sq.

On 12/16/2013 5:46 PM, Ryuji Suzuki wrote:
お ひさしぶりです。(まずは日本語が通るかテスト)

I can meet Tuesday evening/night. Mead hall in Kendall is probably my favorite
place for beer, but at the same time, that place is packed with software
engineers from the startups there... I'm also perfectly fine with a place in
Davis or Porter as long as you know a good place.

I regret not jumping on bitcoin in its early days. Right now it is a bubble market because a lot of Chinese investors are buying it as a part of their portfolio. Right now I'd be cautious of precious metals and bitcoin. They can
still go up but more likely down.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)

Naoyuki Tai wrote:
Let's do it! Other than tomorrow, I'm pretty open.
To be honest, sooner the better. How about this Tuesday.
If it's 3 of us, I'd prefer a brewer/pub rather than Chinese.
Chinese restaurants have no good beer...
Location wise, I prefer "easy parking" locations. So, I don't want Harvard sq.
and downtown/backbay.
Do we need it to be T accessible? If so, how about Porter sq. or Davis sq.?

On bitcoin,
It's an interesting eco system, but it's standing on non proven ground.
It lost 35% of bitcoins because of a bad guy.
That kind of fluctuation cannot be tolerated as a real currency.
For better or worse, it's a novelty item for now.

-- Tai

On 12/15/2013 11:24 PM, Daigo Fujiwara wrote:
Hi Tai san and Ryuji san

I think you are the only two subscribing to this list, if I am not mistaken.

Wanna meet to discuss about this group and other stuff?

What is your thoughts about bitcoin? I just bought some just make a point!

Daigo

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Daigo Fujiwara <daigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:daigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Tai san!
    I can't do Monday that week, but Tue Wed Thur or Fri would work.

    On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Naoyuki Tai <ntai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:ntai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hi!

Let's have a meeting! I'd like to in the first week of December.

        --
        +--+--+ | | --+-- -- Peace on Earth
        | | | -+--+- +-+ ---
        +--+--+ --+--+-- | |=| /
        +--+--+ _| +----- ------ ntai a t smartfruit d o t com

    --
Daigo Fujiwara daigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:daigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    617-688-2051 <tel:617-688-2051>

--
Daigo Fujiwara daigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:daigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
617-688-2051
http://japaneseballplayers.com/ http://baseballhackday.com

--
+--+--+   |  |      --+--   --    Peace on Earth
+--+--+     _|     +----- ------  ntai a t smartfruit d o t com