[biztech-discussion] Re: Off-Shoring Discussion on Joel's Blog

  • From: ScribeAK@xxxxxxx
  • To: biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:44:35 EST

I totally agree with the comments of margh@xxxxxxx regarding outsourcing.
Below is an excerpt from the comments:
"...My ability to write a coherent procedure becomes much less important than
my ability to use the latest version of the desktop publishing software..."

I'm finding that to be the case, also.  It seems when I answer an ad, the
requirements are fine until I get to the part that requires that the candidate
has experience with or is proficient in Robohelp, HTML, Framemaker, etc.  It
used to be where the employer would train people, now they expect the
candidates
to know the software packages before getting the job.