[biztech-discussion] Re: BizTech campaign direction

  • From: Amy Rose <bizarrose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:48:12 -0400

At 10:40 AM 6/4/2004, you wrote:
>I know others disagree with me. But I think only geographically-based
>organizing is ever going to build NWU beyond a small core group.
>Internet-based organizing just leads to high membership turnover and lack of
>cohesion. Call it the Howard Dean mistake. You can put together impressive
>membership numbers for a short while, but you don't have anything to build
>upon. I advocate we pick a target. probably the Bay Area, and create an
>organizing model there.
Samantha, I agree with you. Again and again I have seen national-level
"campaigns" simply peter out and blow away. A specific, local-level
campaign makes a lot of sense. The Bay Area is a good choice because
there's so much happening in BizTech there, but I want to see more
happening at other locals, too. But one by one seems like a good way to go.

Amy Rose