[bitlug] Re: hello everybody....

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:56:20 +0530 (IST)

Hi Kundan, and welcome to the group...
 Here is one link which you would want to read through completely.You
can discuss whatever you read here, we'll see where it goes from there...

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/linux-doc-project/module-programming-=
guide/lkmpg.html

Here is another link which is a more specific device driver tutorial...

http://www.networkcomputing.com/unixworld/tutorial/010/010.txt.html

 What you should do, is read Chapter 1 of Rubini first, just skim through
chapter 2, then read the links above, in random order...
 At any point of time, if you have a doubt or somthing which is not clear,
just write it down and mail it on this list...
 I guess you'll have to do this basic stuff before the CD can spin...

-- P

On 21 Apr 2004, kundan  kumar wrote:

>  =A0
> dear friends and seniors
> i am new here to this group....and joined on the advice of peeyush sir...=
i am very fond of linux operatin sys and spend most of time on this os only=
=2E...

> for the sixth sem mini project i have decided to build a device driver fo=
r a cdrom on linux os...the project is tough to complete in so less time as=
 said by many...but we are confident to build this in time with
> ur help and our hard workkkk.....
>
> i have been goin thro' the device drivers book by alexandero lubbini for =
some time and got some basic concepts abt device drivers....

> can you guys suggest me some more books and sites to look into for this t=
hing....wher e can i get this kernel version 2.2.5-2.2.15!!!!