[birdky] waterthrush duet

  • From: "Roseanna Denton" <roseanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:43:53 -0400

I made a stop at 76 Falls today and heard then saw my first Louisiana
Waterthrush of the season. Then another one started singing nearby. One of the
birds flew down on the mowed grass at the little recreation area and fed on
some earthworms. A pair of Eastern Phoebe's were working on a nest that looked
about 1/2 completed. They had a few conflicts with another pair that seemed to
like the area.

Waitsboro had a little flock of about 50 scaup with approx. 10 of them being
Greater.

Northern Rough-winged Swallows had arrived in Wayne, Clinton and Russell
Counties.

The Loggerhead Shrike was back on duty at Cooley's Pond.

~Roseanna