[birdky] turkey vultures

  • From: Susan Neace <susan.neace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: birdhotline <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 07:42:38 -0800 (PST)

Last year I noted on my home records seeing 11 turkey vultures flying over our
house in Central City and being tickled to have such an astonishing number.
This year we have been routinely seeing 30 to 40 flying overhead, but this is
nothing compared to having them roosting in the woods across from the house.
Early morning and mid to late afternoon the past two days there have been 50 to
75 in the wooded area off the side of our street, which slopes downward from
the street so you are at eye level and above many of the birds.   Anyone
interested should check out the area of North 6th Street in Central City.  If
you turn on Resevoir toward the prison from 431, and then turn right on north
6th street, the area with the buzzard convention will be on your left at the
highest point of the street where the woods begin.