[birdky] new video clips of 4 rare ABA-area birds, inc. Crimson-collared Grosbeak

  • From: "owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OKBIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxx, LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, KSBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GABO-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, CAYUGABIRDS-L@xxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDWG05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, FLORIDABIRDS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ia-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, birders@xxxxxxxxx, ONEIDABIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, NYSBIRDS-L@xxxxxxxxxxx, PABIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, WV-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, naturens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 05:59:09 -0000

This week I added video clips of Crimson-collared Grosbeak, Mountain Plover,
Elegant Trogon, and Northern Shrike onto my http://www.manybirds.com website.
All 4 species are so rare that many North American birders will be interested
in the clips.  Three species were taped last weekend in south Texas, and the
shrike about 3 weeks ago in Illinois.  A viewing note: the MOV clips are 30
frames per second and have an enlarged view frame, but the other 5 formats
download much more quickly (perhaps even suitable for dialup modem
connections).  The clips will be replaced with 4 new clips on Monday, January
24.

Please tell your friends and relatives about ManyBirds, especially children,
teachers, and NON-birders. I designed the website especially for all those who
cannot or will not see birds as well as a determined birder.  Perhaps just
seeing these clips will be enough to spark an interest in birds or lead to an
appreciation (and maybe support) for efforts to protect bird habitats.

Most listserve managers have indicated they only accept reports that are
current, noncommercial, and pertaining to their geographic area.  Because I'm
sharing material taped during the last 7 years and because I want to avoid the
appearance of sending spam, I generally will not be posting notices on
listserves even though I update the website every week with completely free
material.

Malcolm Mark Swan
San Antonio TX USA