[birdky] Whitley County, 1-22-05

  • From: "Cindy Powers" <tienywieny@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:47:59 -0500

Wow, with this crazy weather for January, there are so many birds to view.
We have now been able to see the difference between the male and female
goldfinch. We had an amazing observance of the male Downy Woodpecker. He landed
right on our window! Yesterday I had over 12 goldfinches eating from the porch.
I am still watching for what we thought was a Praire Falcon so that we can
clarify 'what it actually is. Thank you to those whom have emailed us to help
identify our 'mystery' bird, the Northern Mockingbird, and all the advice that
has been given.
We just acquired a set of binoculars with a built in camera. Unfortunately all
the pictures we have taken were blurry. We will keep practicing. If anyone has
a similar device, any advice is greatly appreciated. We want to keep picture
records of these beautiful birds!
Kenneth & Cynthia A. Powers
Williamsburg, KY---Gatliff area