[birdky] new CBCs

  • From: "Canterbury, Ron (canterrd)" <canterrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "OHIO-BIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <OHIO-BIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 20:27:19 -0500

Dear KY, VA, and OH Birders,

I have started two new official CBCs.  I am looking for birders who would like
to participate.

The Athens/Princeton area CBC is revamped from the one conducted by Dr. Bibbee
many years ago (see the 47th CBC issue of Audubon Field Notes).  It will
include the city of Princeton and Athens, Peterstown (Monroe County), Flat Top
Mountain, and to Glenlyn, VA.  The count circle is modified somewhat from data
included in the 47th, 49th, 51st, 55th, 57th, and 61st CBCs.

I welcome all participants.  The habitat is mainly upland mixed deciduous
forests, with scattered farms and clearings, some area along the New River, and
cities.  Please contact me if you would like to participate.  The count date is
Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ron Canterbury and The Southern WV Bird Research Center
roncanterbury@xxxxxxx

The Ashland/Boyd County CBC is a new CBC and will be conducted on Friday,
December 28, 2007.  I welcome all participants.  The count area will include
the city of Ashland, Ironton, along Rt. 23 to Greenup, KY (which is good for
species such as EABL and AMKE), and Cannonsburg.

Please contace me if you want to participate.  The habitat includes along the
Ohio River, upland mixed deciduous forests, farms and open landscapes, and
cities.  The count date is Friday, December 28, 2007.

Ron Canterbury and The Southern WV Bird Research Center
roncanterbury@xxxxxxx

Ronald A. Canterbury
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Cincinnati