[birdky] missbehaving sharpie

  • From: Marilee Thompson <mwthomp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Bruce <mikejdqowb@xxxxxxx>, Angela Bruce <feigelbruce@xxxxxxx>, Bonnie Conn <bonniemconn@xxxxxxxxx>, Aloma Dew <aloma.dew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Patrick Keller <patrick.keller@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Carol &David\) Mark" <whitehousefarm@xxxxxxxxx>, Ronda & Zachary Rutherford <rkrzar@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Patty Shaeffer <pastudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dennis Thompson <dwthomp1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carolyn Williams <cs.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 21:01:56 -0800 (PST)

When we arrived home today around 3 p.m., Wendell
looked at our house and said "There's a hawk in our
screened-in porch!"  Both doors were closed (one
locked) and all screens in place.  The bird clung to
the far side until I walked over there, then he turned
and flew out the door that I had propped open.

There were no droppings or bird feathers anywhere on
the porch so I don't think it was in there very long.
After close examination, I found a small hole in the
front screen that had to be his entrance to the porch.
 Perhaps our arrival spooked it and it tried to escape
 through the screens to the back yard. In winter,
Wendell covers the north side with transparent plastic
to cut the wind which is what prevented it from going
on through.

I just wish I could have seen it plow through that
front screen!

Marilee Thompson
eastern Daviess Co.